66710 Hwy 60
(PO Box 700)
Salome, Arizona 85348
Phone: (928) 859-3846
Providing online information for the communities of the Arizona Outback
since 1997 ... www.AZOutback.net
The Great Arizona Outback Rumor and Innuendo Historical Society spearheaded a county-wide effort to clean and restore the Wenden Cemetery.
* The Master Gardeners of Salome put in watering systems and landscaping.
* The La Paz County Parks Department donated cement benches and a gazebo was built for shade.
An area adjacent to the cemetery was dedicated to the memory of Cactus Kelli, who was the inspiration for the project.
A ‘Cactus Kelli Park’ sign was constructed and the VFW Post #3708 donated the solar light for the flag pole. There are 135 plus marked graves and 87 unmarked sites in the cemetery. A number of the ‘oldtimers’ who settled the country are buried at Wenden.
How to get there
1. Drive east on Highway 60 from Wenden across the Centennial Bridge,
2. Turn south on Wenden Hillside Drive.
3. Proceed south and west to the cemetery.